Tuesday, August 27, 2013

 
If there is one thing that I could do for my children, it would be to do for them what my mother did for us.  That was teaching us about our culture, where we came from, how we could have grown up and to be grateful.  It is through these little trips; that those connections are made with who they really are.    We took a trip back in April to the reservation,  just the kiddos, me and Lorraine.  It was our first trip back since our whole Phoebe experience.  These trips are the best for me to be able to re-connect, there is always a special feeling when going to visit.  I hope that my kids feel this as they grow and what I was given from my mom is passed on to them. 

1 comment:

Carl and Pat said...

I love that you are keeping your culture alive for your children, Shandy.